Thread: Ascension's Atlas Style Tutorial - Revised Presentation + Actions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I love the tutorial! I went through the manual version completely, but alas, my laptop crashed midsave near the end, and I lost the whole thing. Two whole days of work gone!

I figured this would be a good time to switch to the actionscript version to recreate my work (*sob*), but I'm getting the same problem some other people are... step 7 just isn't working right.

This looks absolutely nothing close to resembling what I had when doing it manually. The lighting is messed up, and the gradient is different too! What's going wrong? I'm using Photoshop CC, which I believe is the same as CS6.

Can anyone help? Is there something wrong with the script as uploaded, given that some others have expressed issues with this step as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Fieari View Post
    I love the tutorial! I went through the manual version completely, but alas, my laptop crashed midsave near the end, and I lost the whole thing. Two whole days of work gone!

I figured this would be a good time to switch to the actionscript version to recreate my work (*sob*), but I'm getting the same problem some other people are... step 7 just isn't working right.

This looks absolutely nothing close to resembling what I had when doing it manually. The lighting is messed up, and the gradient is different too! What's going wrong? I'm using Photoshop CC, which I believe is the same as CS6.

Can anyone help? Is there something wrong with the script as uploaded, given that some others have expressed issues with this step as well?
    I am getting exactly this problem and it has made the actions version of this completely useless to me. I'm using CS6 though. Can anyone please help?

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected justkae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fieari View Post

There are two different types of gradient map. Gimme a moment open up my photoshop to show you some screencaps...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gradient1.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	378.4 KB 
ID:	99142 You are doing (1), you can do (3) but (2) is what you should be doing