Quote Originally Posted by willuwontu View Post
Note: I'm unfamiliar with how G'mic works, and only installed it because I came across these scripts.
Hi,

don't worry about it. Even if I wrote the above scripts, I really don't understand G'mic.

Long story short, I've upgraded my linux distro recently and just spent half an hour trying to figure out how to install the G'mic plugin again, and I took a look at the script just now, and I've got annoying news for you. Afaic remember and tell from looking at it, the order of the operations is baked in into the maths formulas I used.

I say "annoying" because there is a workaround. You just have to apply the rotations in reverse one at a time: first a Yaw correction, apply, then a Pitch correction, apply, and finally a Roll correction, apply.

It's been a few months since I tackled this supremely annoying scripting language and I have completely forgotten all about it. It's basically Frankensteinian monster using shell scripting stuff in the most horrifying way possible. I don't think I ever used any IF statements if I could avoid them, they were just a pain to figure out, and the maths I just artfully copied researched on the internet for ages, so I'm not going to update the script or anything. I'd have to relearn everything.