Thread: No Name World Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it looks mostly good (sorry, watched the princess bride tonight). That big landmass I might break up instead of having it snake around the way it does and the top left thingy I'd either space the two main chunks more apart or join them together, but that's just me. I wish I could create the sort of fanciful shapes that you have here...I'm too vanilla in my landmasses. I think the claw looks kind of cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

So I just got a new computer case today, went from mini tower to full tower, so naturally I need to buy some cable extensions, so I won't be able to post an update for a little bit. Last night I was able to do a few changes based on what you two have said so far though.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    There are a number of areas that look more like a skeletal hand/foot than lands.
    Thanks for that, I can't believe I never realized how ridiculous a lot of those areas looked. I changed the far western land a lot, took out all the skeletal islands and connected the two large chunks as suggested by Ascension. I also took the claw thing out, separated the snake-like landmass, and took out a lot of the islands in that area. It's already looking better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I wish I could create the sort of fanciful shapes that you have here...I'm too vanilla in my landmasses. I think the claw looks kind of cool.
    Your maps are amazing, I wish I could make logical and plausible maps like yours, not skeletal-shaped claws and such. It's kind of ironic actually, while I've been working on the close up map of the middle continent I've been thinking "the shape of this continent is pretty boring. Hm." And now I'm realizing that's not a bad thing at all, and almost all other areas of the map are too fantastic.

Okay I am back, have no fear.

Here are the latest changes with the changes being represented in very rough coastlines. I quite like how the western continent turned out, but I'm still not sure about southeast chunk(s). Thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world1.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	28857

Blog Entries

The Impression I get from it is a world with a higher sea level. Lots of shallow, continental seas and partially submerged mountain ranges.