Thread: Quick City map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very nice... The cliff is fairly good. I love the water texture... Not sure if the grass is a bit to distinct though.... I would probably put just a 1 px blur on the grass myself to give it a bit more of the watercolor look as the water. What did you use to make this? Did you hand "paint" those buildings one at a time or did you use some type of symbol/brush, or some type of filter? There are a couple of places where the buildings are outlined with a hard black brush but not others, so you may want to take a look at that unless there is some reason for that.

All in all, a VERY nice map. I guess one of these days, I will have to try to make a city map...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    All in all, a VERY nice map. I guess one of these days, I will have to try to make a city map...
    Yes, please! We need more city maps, so that I can ste... eh borrow stuff from you guys.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...