Thread: The Northern Allod of Namar - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    @ - Max -
    I actually did start with the brush set for the mountains and trees but I found out that I will eventually have to create my own which I did with the mushroom biomass portion.
    I am thinking about drawing a few mountains in to replace some of the repetitive portions of the map- maybe you can mark the areas you found most repetitive??

@ Arsheesh
    I'm sort of going for this de-saturated depressing feel with the coloration- though if that's not what you mean with the colors can you explain? Are you talking about the matte beige landmass color I'm using currently? - I plan on going over that with some details once I'm done placing all the details of the map down.
    As for the sea portion I was going to get to that once I finish placing the details over the entire map, which is quite large and mostly is just a flag beige color right now.
    However I am unable to replicate the nice shore edge effect I see in a lot of the maps here. Can anyone maybe direct me to a good tutorial they know about for that or general sea detail?

And also thanks for the up votes
    Ill update when there is more to show.

P.S. Eilathen, here is a snapshot i took for my friend who asked me "how bad can it be?" when I told him there is a-lot of map to fill
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jzRigqU.png 
Views:	323 
Size:	409.7 KB 
ID:	54164

Quote Originally Posted by Garmagr View Post
    I'm sort of going for this de-saturated depressing feel with the coloration- though if that's not what you mean with the colors can you explain? Are you talking about the matte beige landmass color I'm using currently? - I plan on going over that with some details once I'm done placing all the details of the map down.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jzRigqU.png 
Views:	323 
Size:	409.7 KB 
ID:	54164
    The de-saturated colors are fine, it's just that the trees and mountains sort of don't stand out very well due to the soft lines and soft shading. I would recommend adding darker shadows (and perhaps contours) to these features to help them stand out a bit more.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Garmagr View Post
    P.S. Eilathen, here is a snapshot i took for my friend who asked me "how bad can it be?" when I told him there is a-lot of map to fill
    Cool, thanks for showing it to us Looking forward to its progress

And lol, vorropohaiah, my thoughts exactly
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars