Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I understand completely where you’re coming from, but I have to disagree. It’s a movie adaptation and that’s the way, I would suggest you look at it. Are the books better? You bet, but books are always better. As a movie, with its time limits and production costs, I thought it was good, if not one of the better movies of the Potter films. I read the same stuff about the Lord of the Rings, but what can you do.
    Last edited by Bishop Odo; 07-18-2009 at 02:50 AM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I had some problems with the movie. However I don't want to retype all of my problems. You can read what I said about my problems with it at my blog (BTW: My blog also has some of my maps (as crappy as they are)

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Odo View Post
    I understand completely where you’re coming from, but I have to disagree. It’s a movie adaptation and that’s the way, I would suggest you look at it. Are the books better? You bet, but books are always better. As a movie, with its time limits and production costs, I thought it was good, if not one of the better movies of the Potter films. I read the same stuff about the Lord of the Rings, but what can you do.
    We both have our opinions and I respect yours.
    Still, I know they can't have everything from the books in the movie. Lord of the Rings was missing scenes and even had changes to the story, but it was brilliant. With this latest Harry Potter movie I think they made some wrong choices (by putting things in that could have been left out and by leaving out things that should have been in).

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyD473 View Post
    I had some problems with the movie. However I don't want to retype all of my problems. You can read what I said about my problems with it at my blog (BTW: My blog also has some of my maps (as crappy as they are)
    Good post on your blog Joey. I fully agree.

SPOILERS (select text to be able to read it better):
    -----------------------------
    The most disappointing was the ending for me. I can't believe they left out the big fight and funeral. It was so anticlimatic and totally not emotional. I didn't care that he died... and Harry Potter was standing there like an idiot.
    -----------------------------

Ah well...
    Last edited by ravells; 07-18-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: playing with spoiler colours!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...