Thread: Teston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Fine Work

Teston is a fine example of translating Photoshop tuts to GIMP, and also the reason I began examining Pyrandon's tut myself. (You've had more success with his tut than I have, but you started this map with it, maybe my next go will be better). I think it turned out well.

Sorry if this comes a little late, as we are in finished maps forum, but bevel and emboss function under layer tab> layer effects with your buildings selected, inner bevel, size large enough to cover your buildings (each 1 = 1 pixel into your buildings from all sides, so half your largest building will do), angle (looks like your sun is at 1:30 so -15 degrees) will give your roofs peaks, shadows and highlights on appropriate sides.

I'd rep ya again in gratitude, but apparently I haven't been generous enough since the last time I repped you.
    Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feralspirit View Post
    Sorry if this comes a little late, as we are in finished maps forum, but bevel and emboss function under layer tab> layer effects with your buildings selected, inner bevel, size large enough to cover your buildings (each 1 = 1 pixel into your buildings from all sides, so half your largest building will do), angle (looks like your sun is at 1:30 so -15 degrees) will give your roofs peaks, shadows and highlights on appropriate sides.
    Isn't this in Photoshop? Or is it in a plug in? I just got the Eye candy plugin for Gimp, and a bevel is in there, but Layer Effects in not a basic Gimp function afaik. If there is a plugin for them, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks for the comments folks
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent