Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
Let me stress first: it's your map, so you can do anything you want.

I was just curious: if the town is considered poorer than most, how could they afford a city wall that's even designed so that the city can grow?
City walls were *very* expensive and only wealthy towns built them and then only enclosing the core of the town.

It could be that the lords of the town are very wealthy of course or maybe there's a quarry nearby.
Yes, of course. I am by no means speaking in a defensive tone. I like to answer every question so as to clarify my intent. I do appreciate the comments, critiques, and help. I definitely don't want to seem illogical, though, so I post the explanation of why I did it that way so people can understand.

The lord of the town is extremely wealthy, yes. (As you can see, he even added a personal inner wall for his own property, lol) There is a quarry nearby, also (a place called the West Rocks to the north, filled with a wide variety of good stone).

But, I am not seeing anyone's comments as attacks or belittlement. I have seen forums that do that, and I know just from browsing around that these forums are not like that. Perhaps my replies were too blunt, I apologize if I was taken too roughly. I am by no means an artist, and at times I am far less than eloquent.