Wow, almost a year since i opened this thread... probably time I try finish this off. Of course that includes pulling a lot of towns/regions/features out of my ass!

well here's an update on the map - stylistically I'm pleased with where it's going, so now its just a matter of adding labels and details. Of note are the hills/mountains which are largely visible in the bottom left, which I'm not entirely happy with but are a step in the right direction - perhaps more translucency and extreme tapering? The cartouche is to get a bit of back-story (most of the nations and domains in the Korachani peninsula were recently united as one, but political events led to their fracturing over a period of scant years).

The second picture is a WIP (of course!) of a more up-to-date map that's more indicative of the style I'm hoping to emulate on my planned Elyden Atlas. I'm working on a set of actions to speed up the process of getting the base map started - as each page of the atlas is to feature common elements, there's no point in designing each from scratch. The page gutter on the left I think is a nice touch and indicative of a part of a greater whole - I can imagine a folio with dozens upon dozens of loose sheets. The Shibboleth map is A3 and I plan on redoing the Korachan map to match the size (or perhaps turn it into a 2-page spread, since it's the empire's capital nation, and detail each of its new regions on a single A3 page in greater detail).

I hope to start full work on the Shibboleth map in the coming weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	korachan political.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	60356 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shibboleth.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	60355