Thread: Scale and--

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected Alex's Avatar

I am a little confused by the "first/second" number thing in your post and the link. By "first" and "second" numbers, you mean that "(1:--)" is the first number and always stays as 1, and that "(--:*Number*)" is the second number and can change, yes? I am curious as to why the smaller the second = more detail can be included on the map, but I'll re-read the links.

Should map scale be selected before map creation then, or can scale be applied after the map's creation?

As to "creating a map in Photoshop CS5 from another medium, like paper or a picture". You have a couple options:

Scan the plain paper map in with a scanner, save it as a png (pngs have good transparency support), then open up in CS5 and do your work. If a photo that's available on a flash drive/cd-rom/dvd, pull it onto the computer, open it in CS5 and do the same work. Otherwise, scan it in with the Twain feature (from your scanner), and voila!

Hope that helps,
    How does one go about getting the land's shape to come out like the shape/edges of the maps, for example, generated in Saderan's tutorial? I have run a scanned image in through Photoshop but I cannot figure out how to do the next steps on an existing image...

Thanks again,

Alex~
    Last edited by Alex; 12-05-2015 at 10:26 PM.