Thread: Lost Duchy - First regional map for comment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I also like the mountains - they are very intriguing. They look like molded clay to me. They could maybe use a little hardening up and texturizing, but I think you could also make them work as-is.

And try this for the rivers:
    Tapered rivers in Photoshop, by Ravells

-asp
    My current worldbuilding experiment(s):
    Geidor
    --------------------------------------------

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
    -W.B. Yeats

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by altasilvapuer View Post
    And try this for the rivers: Tapered rivers in Photoshop, by Ravells
    Thanks for that the tapering pencil effect is very handy. However in the tutorial Ravells has a vector he can modify after its drawn when I do it it is already rasterised and I can't change the shape. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Korash
    Looks good for a first go, but yeah...those rivers... To me it looks more like long fiords instead of rivers. Even carved out of the mountains. I think the bevel on the rivers is something to look at. I am not a PS user so I am no help there. I do like the rest of it though. I agree with AS that the mountains can work as is, and the colors and and water texture also work.
    I entirely agree. I've tried to find a solution, if you look at the river that flows by The Capital up in the mountains I made a short section that lies on top of the mountain texture. It seems better to me. However it was fiddly and I'm not going to redo all the rivers - for now. Thanks for the rep!

Here is the map with all the suggestions so far included (I didn't include the compass rose I was going to use becuase I realise I ripped it from some map years ago and I have no idea who it belongs to):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lost Duchy 1.1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	879.4 KB 
ID:	22031