7 21.21%
  • Sci-Fi Ancient Prison Ship by Fury

1 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: *** AUGUST 2012 CHALLENGE VOTING: Map a Prison ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

As always, quite difficult to judge... Congrats to all for applying the challenge, I wish I could have myself...

My 2 choices:
    1/ SuperMax Seven by Diamond: very detailed, neat realization, ready to use, and I like the simple and efficient style
    2/ The Dark by lostatsea: clear and ready to use sci-fi style

My would be choices / special mentions:
    Detention Centre 417 by LonewandererD: nice details (escapees and others), but lack of readibility inside the camp itself.
    The Devil's Cauldron by Yospeck: nice style and feeling, but no map key or indications except some drown in the text, would be my first otherwise.
    Brbridge of Tears Prison...There is no return. by Bogie: nice continuing of last challenge, but no map key or indications.
    Sci-Fi Ancient Prison Ship by Fury: style very interesting depicting a grim sci-fi mood, but lack readibility, I spent some time on it but still don't understand the place.

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Depassage View Post
    The Devil's Cauldron by Yospeck: nice style and feeling, but no map key or indications except some drown in the text, would be my first otherwise.
    Thanks for the mention The "map" isn't supposed to be a map in the traditional sense, which is why there are no indicators because quite simply I felt it would just clog up the image and detract from the overall feel (ie. it's a page from a n ancient book as opposed to reference material). Also, it's a fairly simple map so really didn't feel there was anything that would need highlighting that couldn't be taken from the image itself, the text was fluff/lore there to support it. Whilst I could have thrown a compass rose, scale meter and notes onto it, I think it would have just looked like a standard "Tabletop Iso Map", which isn't what I was aiming for at all.