Thread: Giau'Rexan, Imperium Haereticum Jugis Redigis, WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

OK first off...don't get discouraged if you don't get any feedback for a day or two - it happens.

Couple things I noticed...

1. The wave pattern in the oceans is a little over done (at least for me)
    2. @1500 miles across I would definitely make the mountain chains thinner - more snake like (for lack of a better term)
    3. I would reduce the drop shadow on the mountains
    4. Add a slight drop shadow to the forests, and maybe even some inner shadow.
    5. Coyotemax's suggestion of using the spatter brush is a good idea as well (something I often forget)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    OK first off...don't get discouraged if you don't get any feedback for a day or two - it happens.

Couple things I noticed...

1. The wave pattern in the oceans is a little over done (at least for me)
    2. @1500 miles across I would definitely make the mountain chains thinner - more snake like (for lack of a better term)
    3. I would reduce the drop shadow on the mountains
    4. Add a slight drop shadow to the forests, and maybe even some inner shadow.
    5. Coyotemax's suggestion of using the spatter brush is a good idea as well (something I often forget)
    I happen to like the waves, but I suppose I could lower the opacity on that layer and see how it looks. And those aren't forests, they're supposed to be grasslands. I guess I need some spread on the grass mask, and a retexture couldn't hurt.