Thread: Harkenwold - First Draft - need some serious advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Two comments here, the north east tree line looks (to me at least) to horizontal, I think it need some more irregularity. Same with the lower horizontal tree line. The river from left to right appears to also have a regular width in its entire length, adding some width variation (and maybe a little snakeyness) will help also.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Vellum View Post
    Two comments here, the north east tree line looks (to me at least) to horizontal, I think it need some more irregularity. Same with the lower horizontal tree line. The river from left to right appears to also have a regular width in its entire length, adding some width variation (and maybe a little snakeyness) will help also.
    That's easy enough to fix. It's a little more rounded in the original. Some of the tree lines in this set are fairly straight, which is why I was using the clusters as copses to break it up a bit. Seems I should do more.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

very nice updates the background to the hills makes them really look nice. the anglness of the forests is a side effect of the draw tool but so easy to fix by plopping in some extra trees just make sure you stick to the left to right top to bottom placement and it will clean up nice. also easy to make the forest look a bit better by selecting a few individual trees in the bulk and remove them.

Make sure you download the free sampler of annual issues profantasy is giving away and play with those styles too