Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
Print the map out and try out som different options where to put your mountains. I usually do it that way and it works great.

Let us see your result when your done.

cheers
Quote Originally Posted by ravells
If you wanted a suggestion I would say (based only on the fact that the southern bit looks like a reversed Iberian peninsula that you have a central plateau in wider area near the bottom and a higher range (ala the Pyranees) joining the coasts at the neck further up.
Ah, great idea!

Im actually thinking of putting a big desert in the middle, with two or three cultural centers on the fringes and the desert acting as both a border/wasteland/nomad zone and melting pot. Sort of like Arabia or the Maghreb.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight
Are we talking PAINT as in MS PAINT the default graphics program that comes with MS WINDOWS???????
Well, yes . I have intended to learn another program for quite some time, but the main focus of this pet project isnt the mapping anyway, so it was kind of never a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliathen
This is the world for your novel, right? You know, now that i have seen the map in its new version (I think you posted one already, but in a much different format, no?), i demand an excerpt...i want to know what the story is about
Well, it is not a novel yet, as such . It started as an idea of a great empire-builder, which evolved from that. Im a history maniac and student, so this has been the main focus for my world. The story is taking shape, but while I was creating the history, I stumbled across many more good stories, so I guess it will take quite some time to finish any of them .