Thread: Starship Sections Maps (Part 1)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Have I mentioned Battlestations?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Have I mentioned Battlestations?
    Yeah, I've got the basic set and a couple of the expansions. The scale is too small to use with SW minis, but I guess I could "blow them up" to the appropriate size.

I like your corridors. They make a good border .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planet-wag-7.png 
Views:	829 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	17539  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

This month I've been working on a starship hangar bay. I don't think I'll finish it by the end of the month as I had desired. Here is what I have so far:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starship Section - Hanger Bay.jpg 
Views:	1665 
Size:	981.5 KB 
ID:	17976
    In clockwise order: top left is the pilot quarters; top middle is a conference room; top right is a cargo storage area; middle right is a small medical station; bottom right is another (smaller) cargo storage area; bottom left is the pilot ready room; and the center is the hanger area. Within the hanger area, the top left will be a mechanics station, the top middle is the control room, and the top right will be a cargo staging area. The exit (to space) is the bottom of the hanger area.

As always comments and criticisms are welcome. I am considering what ships I want to put in the hanger (if any) - I've seen some nice layouts of the Millennium Falcon or possible an array of starfighters. During most adventures the hanger bay was the location where the player characters' ship landed, so I have also considered leaving the hanger open.

As a side note, the thing that has kept me from completing the hanger bay has been a map for an adventure. The player characters will be liberating a methane gas facility from a group of pirates. I originally wanted to play this adventure live (instead of online) and just draw the map on my 2'x3' dry-erase hexgrid based on:

Name:	Methane Facility layout.jpg 
Views:	677 
Size:	554.7 KB 
ID:	17972
    The tanks are methane storage tanks. The top and bottom middle sections are hanger bays. The middle is the control facilities. However, since we are playing online shortly I made up a quick map for online play. I will use the latest edition of the hanger bay for the hangers and this for the control facilities:

Name:	Methane Facility - Middle.jpg 
Views:	828 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	17973
    (I just added wall fill into two of the areas where I couldn't think of anything else to put.) I've included openings where the players can exit to the methane storage tank areas. The methane storage tanks are just flips and rotations of these two sections:

Name:	Methane Facility Tanks - Top Left.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	848.3 KB 
ID:	17974 (top left - flip for top right, rotate 180° for bottom right, flip and rotate 180° for bottom left)

Name:	Methane Facility Tanks - Middle Left.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	17975 (middle left - flip for middle right)
    They should be fairly easy to piece together online. (The overall map would be entirely too big to play with.) This is just a quick map concept for me. But still any comments or criticisms would be welcome.