Thread: Starting out, my first city (City Designer 3)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

.. continued..

I think I totally screwed up the northern part, with all those buildings squeezed together and look alike, but I lost my patience and just wanted to see how the town would look with all streets filled in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S-Town_2.png 
Views:	441 
Size:	406.9 KB 
ID:	12795  

Quote Originally Posted by Mixpengo View Post
    .. continued..

I think I totally screwed up the northern part, with all those buildings squeezed together and look alike, but I lost my patience and just wanted to see how the town would look with all streets filled in.
    Haha, I know the feeling. Sometimes I just want to rush things to see the end result. Especially in the maps that take 20+ hours this can be a bit... troublesome

Anyway, I don't think you screwed up, it's looking pretty nice! The buildings would be mostly squeezed together as building space is at a premium within the city walls. The city also isn't large enough to house really big estates I think (with their own, walled gardens and stuff).

Can you save a larger version of the map, by the way?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Especially in the maps that take 20+ hours this can be a bit... troublesome
    What's taking you 20+ hours it will take me at least 40+, so I don't even want to think that far

The buildings would be mostly squeezed together as building space is at a premium within the city walls. The city also isn't large enough to house really big estates I think (with their own, walled gardens and stuff).
    I think they are too squeezed in even so. I tried to stick to some scale and replicate some real world sizes, but it did not work right. I see on your maps that you create a block of houses from 4-5 houses at most, while mine contain 20 or so.

Can you save a larger version of the map, by the way?
    Yes, I will save a larger one. In my game maps are shown in a 700x500 px area, so I wanted to see how it would look at that size. It seems this town is too big for that resolution though.

..larger version below..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S-Town_2_large.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	12807