Thread: First digital map - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I can try *shrug*

Ok so, in GIMP brushes window right click and choose to open the brush as an image. Then choose the select by colour option and set the threshold pretty high (100 maybe) and click on the black of the tree. make sure the black is all selected then hit the bucket tool and change it to fill the whole selection. If the background is not already transparent, then you can just cut that selection out and make a new image and paste it in there. Here is a link how to make brushes in GIMP which I totally forgot how to https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Custom_Brushes/ . One thing to avoid is doing them in greyscale, I know this because I made a bunch in greyscale and it causes nothing but headaches.

Guild Apprentice Cartography Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I can try *shrug*

Ok so, in GIMP brushes window right click and choose to open the brush as an image. Then choose the select by colour option and set the threshold pretty high (100 maybe) and click on the black of the tree. make sure the black is all selected then hit the bucket tool and change it to fill the whole selection. If the background is not already transparent, then you can just cut that selection out and make a new image and paste it in there. Here is a link how to make brushes in GIMP which I totally forgot how to https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Custom_Brushes/ . One thing to avoid is doing them in greyscale, I know this because I made a bunch in greyscale and it causes nothing but headaches.
    Thanks! I redid the forests and added some shading, what do you think of this?

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP1-pic2.5.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	532.7 KB 
ID:	87948
    A dragon with a penchant for mapmaking