Thread: Unnamed Practice Village Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I remember going through these tutorials when I first started to pick up photoshop too as they are pretty good. It's looking good although you might consider adding a stroke to your text to make it pop more.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    ...you might consider adding a stroke to your text to make it pop more.
    How do I do that now? Everything I know in Photoshop I learned in the video... and I've already forgotten most of it
    ~May

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoMay View Post
    How do I do that now? Everything I know in Photoshop I learned in the video... and I've already forgotten most of it
    In the layers window at the side, when you add your text, it should appear on a separate layer. You can double click the layer to open the LAYER STYLES window (which looks like the attached image).

The layer styles are a great thing to play with but to just stroke something (it will apply the style it to EVERYTHING on that layer which is why you want the text you still stroke on it's own layer), select the Stroke check box. You then select the stroke weight, colour, etc etc.

You can also just turn it off or edit it if you don't like the style. Layer styles are fun to play around with and can save a lot of work (for example if you wanted a black outline around all of your buildings or whatever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layerstylewindow.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	39930