Quote Originally Posted by Porklet View Post
Thanks, will do.

Also, thanks for your Rhumb Line donwload. I am using it for my map, but I altered it to give it a worn wooden look. I hope you don't mind.
That's why I made it. Just remember it is intentionally overcrowded. You should delete most of the roses, and any extraneous lines. The map I first created it for just has two roses, and no circumcircle: http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=29592

Also, a small scale map like a whole world which has straight rhumb lines, has to be in Normal Mercator projection. If you want to get such things technically accurate, I'd suggest you look it up. The key point is that it distorts areas, so as you get further from the equator, things get bigger. If you've ever seen a map where Greenland was the size of Africa, that's a Mercator map. It also spreads out the higher latitudes so the poles themselves are infinitely far away. If you meant "world" as something much smaller than a globe, or your world is flat, or you don't care about technical details and just want a pretty picture, ignore this paragraph.