Thread: Village of Swynshore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very true. It is quite a lit place and the guard shack is totally in a unrealistic place. As for the village hall/town center, well I had started the map to end at the tavern/prison, but I felt like I needed to expand a bit, so I did so. It felt weird having a bunch of homes off to the side with no real scenery so that's why I added them.

Hmm. Looks like I have some work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Key View Post
    Very true. It is quite a lit place and the guard shack is totally in a unrealistic place. As for the village hall/town center, well I had started the map to end at the tavern/prison, but I felt like I needed to expand a bit, so I did so. It felt weird having a bunch of homes off to the side with no real scenery so that's why I added them.
    Gardens! That's one of the things that was niggling at me, looking at this map. All those cottages should have gardens around them, pig pens, chicken coops, that sort of thing. People have to eat, and as I've said before here, once you maintain a wall or stockade, safe real estate inside that barrier is valuable stuff.

I'd just remove the "Village Centre" label from that small open area with the well, really. The well is important, to be sure, but the real centre of this place is going to be that area nearer the gate, town hall and other well.