Thread: [CWBP2] World Map construction thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alright here's the watersheds and rivers. The watershed is indicated by the light blue line, water flows away from this and eventually towards the ocean. The thick deep blue line indicate expected major rivers. Again these represent areas a hundred kilometres across at least, so while the rivers can be found within these areas, they do not conform to the area. Nor does it represent a limitation on rivers, just expected major ones, there could easily be major rivers not indicated, and doubtless will be many regular rivers all over the damn place.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtershed with overlay.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	737.0 KB 
ID:	66761

The clean PNG:

Name:	maj river_wtershed.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	388.8 KB 
ID:	66762

Edit: I relize I forgot to account for Wilbur's tendancy to keep everything seperate, some rivers might have joined up earlier. I'll look at it when I get home.
    Last edited by Falconius; 08-19-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Alright here's the watersheds and rivers. The watershed is indicated by the light blue line, water flows away from this and eventually towards the ocean. The thick deep blue line indicate expected major rivers. Again these represent areas a hundred kilometres across at least, so while the rivers can be found within these areas, they do not conform to the area. Nor does it represent a limitation on rivers, just expected major ones, there could easily be major rivers not indicated, and doubtless will be many regular rivers all over the damn place.

Name:	wtershed with overlay.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	737.0 KB 
ID:	66761

The clean PNG:

Name:	maj river_wtershed.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	388.8 KB 
ID:	66762

Edit: I relize I forgot to account for Wilbur's tendancy to keep everything seperate, some rivers might have joined up earlier. I'll look at it when I get home.
    Not bad, it's pretty close to my expectations.

It does look pretty. You where wondering why the north east was so dry. Heck, it's probably higher than the Himalaya. Let's call it the mountain continent. (But in another language ideally)
    Attachment 66791

Wooho, my 1000th post !