Thread: An encounter map based on RobA's GIMP Tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep. Baobabs are a good example. I saw one on the salt flats of Botswana that was definitely over 20' wide. just assumed that these were standard deciduous trees and thought the trunks were a bit huge. If you want them to be unusually proportioned for whatever reasons them I'm definitely not going to stop you.

I like the colour scheme - it's very clear.

I realise you are using Gimp - I was just wondering whether you were going to drop the image into a virtual tabletop program when you play a game on it?

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I realise you are using Gimp - I was just wondering whether you were going to drop the image into a virtual tabletop program when you play a game on it?
    Heh - I guess I didn't pay enough attention to what you originally said. Silly me.

I actually don't have any firm plans to use this map at the moment - I'm just creating it for the heck of it. I don't have a group where I currently live, and my schedule just isn't quite predictable enough to commit to an online game. I get my fantasy RPG fix these days by creating stuff.