Thread: New Town

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, those fields kick. For the trees, change the highlight of the bevel from white to something yellow or yellow-green or try changing it from screen to color dodge...this removes the whiteness. For adding elevation, add a layer of 50% gray above the terrain but below everything else (set it to overlay), then use the dodge tool to add height and the burn tool to add depth (especially around the rivers). Lookin good though If you're feeling adventurous, do up some really tightly packed difference clouds (like 20 iterations for something really crunchy) then delete the blacks and dark grays (select - color range = black with a fuzziness of 200), add an outer bevel and set the fill to zero...this will give you a lot of hills and ridges but make sure to erase the bits over the river.
    Last edited by Ascension; 02-14-2009 at 04:46 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Yeah, those fields kick. For the trees, change the highlight of the bevel from white to something yellow or yellow-green or try changing it from screen to color dodge...this removes the whiteness. For adding elevation, add a layer of 50% gray above everything but below the houses (set it to overlay), then use the dodge tool to add height and the burn tool to add depth (especially around the rivers). Lookin good though
    Thanks for the tips, Ascension. We were on the same wavelength for the elevation but I didn't even consider the above for the trees. I can't wait to try it out.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx