Thread: Salutations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Use old photos

I'd go look for photos on 1940's scenes, automobiles, then using for reference create top-down map objects from them. Its a method I used for other types of mapping, especially when you can't find a true top-down photo. Building-wise, there would be plenty of 19th century brick type buildings, so you wouldn't have to be 1940's accurate with buildings so much, as long as you didn't include modern buildings (post 1940's).

So what kind of game is this, Roswell, New Mexico; Detective stories - I'm trying to imagine a 1940's theme that isn't about the war, Old Superman??

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I'd go look for photos on 1940's scenes, automobiles, then using for reference create top-down map objects from them. Its a method I used for other types of mapping, especially when you can't find a true top-down photo. Building-wise, there would be plenty of 19th century brick type buildings, so you wouldn't have to be 1940's accurate with buildings so much, as long as you didn't include modern buildings (post 1940's).

So what kind of game is this, Roswell, New Mexico; Detective stories - I'm trying to imagine a 1940's theme that isn't about the war, Old Superman??

GP
    Gamerprinter, I've been collecting lots of period of photos. Fortunately the Internet seems to be full of them.

As for the game itself, the campaign is called Left Field. It's set in 1947 in midwestern America. It's a combination of Communists, Cthulhu, Nazi pseudo-science, the supernatural... and baseball. I have a page on Obsidian Portal, feel free to take a look.