Thread: Erebus World Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hi Sunergy, welcome to the Guild. That's a pretty decent map; the colors don't really do it for me, but that's just a personal preference.

As to your Help Wanted points:
    1) roads - they look fine to me. (Could be I'm biased though, since that's the same way I do mine. )
    2) territory borders - I'm not a huge fan of the super-bright colors. The actual borders look fine though, no pixellation or ugliness that I can see.
    3) paper texture - yeah, it's a bit much. Maybe just lower the opacity and see how it looks at different levels? I'm not sure what program you used to put this together, but if it's PS or Gimp, you might try copying the paper layer and reversing it right to left on top of the original and see how it turns out. I've done that with similar textures and it can sometimes give an interesting look.
    4) ocean color - not a fan of the two-tone look. I'd like it much better if it was one color all the way through.

All of this would be made easier if there were a bit bigger version to look at...

Thanks for the tips, Diamond. I am working in photoshop, so I'll try that trick with the paper texture, and I'll play around with the colours a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post

All of this would be made easier if there were a bit bigger version to look at...
    I did link to the full 7600x7200 version right underneath my map upload. This site wouldn't let me upload it directly, which is understandable. If for some reason that link isn't working, I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunergy View Post
    I did link to the full 7600x7200 version right underneath my map upload. This site wouldn't let me upload it directly, which is understandable. If for some reason that link isn't working, I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know.
    *smacks head* I didn't even see that...

Yeah, now that I can see it better I'd have to agree with Max; the pixellation is distracting. It wasn't obvious at the reduced-size version, but its really apparent now. I also want to revisit my comment on the roads - I actually don't like that oval shape you've used; I think it'd look better as a smaller round dot, or a dashed line.
    Last edited by Diamond; 03-31-2013 at 05:43 PM.