Thread: WIP - The Lost Forge of Dumathoin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert

This is shaping up really nice. I think the cliffs are looking alright so far. My one nit pick would be the heavier lines you've placed on some of the ridges, there just a bit too much. I think it would look better if they matched the thinner lines a bit more.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This is shaping up really nice. I think the cliffs are looking alright so far. My one nit pick would be the heavier lines you've placed on some of the ridges, there just a bit too much. I think it would look better if they matched the thinner lines a bit more.
    Thanks for the suggestion kacey!

Due to the miracles of layers (and keeping lots separate) here's cliff redux v2. ;-)

I thinned the main lines, underscored the cliff top with some shadows, and also 1pt blurred the lines to soften it all up a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP - Cliff and Grass v2 - LFoD.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	88190

Guild Member

Ok the outside entrance is shaping up. Some slight adjustments to the original map has occurred, as I thought a nice hidden cave across the water and some underwater stepping stones might make for a good alternate entrance to the lower caverns (lower level is planned as per the mine ramp down, and planned stairs from the complex). The path still needs a lot of work, will have to look for some inspiration on how to get that working!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP - Entrance v1 - LFoD.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	88193