Thread: Cailltir - Capital City of Araniell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept

Not that you have to copy my style in every detail, however... my two cents are that an important part of that was that all the shadows were noisy, while yours are sharp and precise. Also, the texture for the buildings seems too "full", if you know what I mean.
    The layout seems good to me, perhaps you could leave less space in between adjacent houses (you can get that also playing with the thickness of borders).

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feanaaro View Post
    Not that you have to copy my style in every detail, however... my two cents are that an important part of that was that all the shadows were noisy, while yours are sharp and precise. Also, the texture for the buildings seems too "full", if you know what I mean.
    The layout seems good to me, perhaps you could leave less space in between adjacent houses (you can get that also playing with the thickness of borders).
    You're absolutely right with regards to the shadows. Let's just say these are preliminary results: when all districts are finished, I intend to merge only the basic layers (building blocks, coast lines, walls) into one document, and tweak the hell out of them together instead of seperately. Once I'm at that point (which might take some more weeks), you'll see me blending the shadows until they look just fine. By the way, these shadows are not done with an emboss/bevel tool, but simply by copying the original layer, turning it black and shifting it a bit (well actually, shifting the roofs a bit - the shadows are already where they belong). Argh, what an undertaking again!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!