Thread: Apr / May 2016 Lite Challenge: RedRiverGorge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Looking pretty good snodsy! Those cliffs must have taken a while to dawn but work well.

One thing it may be cool to try is to make it more dusky looking as darkness is starting to settle. Obviously not too dark as then all your hardwork is lost, but just at that twilighty stage, then put a little bit of glow around the camps to give it some real ambience.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Looking pretty good snodsy! Those cliffs must have taken a while to dawn but work well.

One thing it may be cool to try is to make it more dusky looking as darkness is starting to settle. Obviously not too dark as then all your hardwork is lost, but just at that twilighty stage, then put a little bit of glow around the camps to give it some real ambience.
    I'm thinking that, I actually have a black layer that I've tried transparency and gradients on, but not satisfied yet. I have the fires on the top layer over the black, which really makes them glow, so I'll keep trying, cause I agree it matches my remembrance of the event as a twilight event. I saw you entered this challenge too, looking forward to seeing yours develop