Thread: [CWBP2] Question Regarding Ownership

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Okay, I get it.. it's like...

I create a race of people ... the AEJMANS or something (yay for keyboard-smash naming) and a city for them to live in. Hollywood. I describe Hollywood very clearly.. it's a city in a cave, lots of tunnels, etc.

I say hey, lets use them in the CWBP. Then someone maps another city with AEJMANS in it, in a cave with tunnels, and they say hey, these guys get water by... idk a huge osmosis temple in the city center... w/e.

So I put a temple in Hollywood.

Any of us can use AEJMANS in any way that we *do not* make money... like private games, or maps on the site or whatever.

I can sell a book or a game that has AEJMANS in it and Hollywood - but the temple isn't mine, so that can't be in there, and neither can the rest of the world they live in... AND even after I sell the book or game, anyone can keep using the AEJMANS for free, because they're part of the project under the same CC license.

BUT if someone *else* ends up mapping Hollywood for the project instead of me... then it can't be in my for-sale book or game... cause it's not *ALL* my work anymore.

AND if someone else suggests/makes changes to the AEJMANS in the project discussion, I can't sell them (or material containing them) with those changes.

So if I was GOING to use them in the project, and I realized I wanted to use them later (for something profitable) it's best to not put them in the project at all.
    Cause, really, if they're in the project, there WILL be discussion, and improvements, and changes and other people will work on them, and it will be really hard, afterward, to distinguish how much is my sole work, and how much was as a result of the community effort... and.. this is all really confusing.
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    Okay, I get it.. it's like... ... and.. this is all really confusing.
    But an accurate summation I think
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent