Thread: [Award Winner] Step by Step workflow: Saventh-Yhi, City of the Seven Spears

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Solis View Post
    This is starting to look more like a serious "tutorial"

Yep!!! You might think about nixing this exact example(since I assume it's licensed/copyright material) and just do a proper tutorial with some original content....

On I noticed you said several times about erasing and wonder if I misunderstand or do you just not use layer masks?? and if so, why not?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Yep!!! You might think about nixing this exact example(since I assume it's licensed/copyright material) and just do a proper tutorial with some original content....

On I noticed you said several times about erasing and wonder if I misunderstand or do you just not use layer masks?? and if so, why not?
    I'm not sure I understand the Nixing thing, is not OK to do it with copyrighted material? Sadly the only four finished maps I have are copyrighted

And yes, I do erased those parts and as I mentioned is because (I wasn't all to PS saavy when I did it, that was my very second colore map ever and back then I did do much coloring and layer masks where know but unused for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Solis View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the Nixing thing, is not OK to do it with copyrighted material?
    Not my call... just saying it's better to be safe than sorry... I doubt anything will come of it at all, but the potential is there since either you don't own the work in question(copyright) or the license terms under which you made it may or may not clearly define what you can do with the work. If your not worried about it, then just ignore my comment.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Not my call... just saying it's better to be safe than sorry... I doubt anything will come of it at all, but the potential is there since either you don't own the work in question(copyright) or the license terms under which you made it may or may not clearly define what you can do with the work. If your not worried about it, then just ignore my comment.
    Oh, that would be no problem, as long as I list Paizo's Copyright, that gave me green light to post it