Thread: My first map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like the points of interests you have on the map. I would suggest more of them and a greater variety of terrain.

When I lay down a map in front of the players in my game I really want that map to help bring life to my world and engage the players with all kinds of role playing fuel.

Things like: "that coast looks treacherous there, I bet we can find some shipwrecks there!"
    "Look at how dark that part of the forest is, we might want to give that area a wide birth."
    "Those mountains are real steep here, if those orcs take that pass we can set up a very nice ambush for them."
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Cardin View Post
    I like the points of interests you have on the map. I would suggest more of them and a greater variety of terrain.

When I lay down a map in front of the players in my game I really want that map to help bring life to my world and engage the players with all kinds of role playing fuel.

Things like: "that coast looks treacherous there, I bet we can find some shipwrecks there!"
    "Look at how dark that part of the forest is, we might want to give that area a wide birth."
    "Those mountains are real steep here, if those orcs take that pass we can set up a very nice ambush for them."

niiiice ^_^ haha i keep that in mind, but this is a fairly small island, around 10.000km (dunno what that is in English miles)
    yeah the ruin beneath the vulcano contains a catacomb with...a few interesting things in it ^_^ a tunnel thats leads to the other ruins as well, who or what have inhabited the island before the humans? well..who knows? i guess i and my friend need to proceed with the rp.. we got nothing planned when we start the rp, just make up things as we go