Thread: Roseville

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I like how it's turned out. It might be worth altering some of the "plots" to take into account the ridges though.
    Thanks for the suggestion Larb. I like the map so I might do a paper version once I learn the dimensions of Medieval structures. Right now I have no clue how to draw one to scale with my other planned communities.
    It would be a lot of work to get it right, since the map was made in two layers. MS Paint allows white areas to be transparent, but at this time, I think I'm done with working on it. Right now I'm trying to find a way to label buildings, so it can be remade for a game or something. The editing tools I have available made very crooked looking text.

I tried labeling with AutoRealm since it's the only thing I can get on this computer. Once I figure out the program I'm going to label the map.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed2012 View Post
    I tried labeling with AutoRealm since it's the only thing I can get on this computer.
    Have you tried the portable version of GIMP? You can run it from a usb-stick, with absolutely zero files being installed on the computer. I use it all the time when I'm at work. You can find it here.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Have you tried the portable version of GIMP? You can run it from a usb-stick, with absolutely zero files being installed on the computer. I use it all the time when I'm at work. You can find it here.
    Thanks for the link, I'll definentily give it a shot.