Thread: Large Dungeon Near College Town

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    That is incredibly useful. It gives a good idea to how I can go about writing adventure hooks that can have multiple options in approach. Thanks, really.

My biggest dilemma basically is, I'm not the one who is going to DM/GM this adventure, I'm creating this set of maps for someone else to pick up and run the adventure. Again, I have never DM'd a game. So, that is why I want to gather as much information about how to approach this map set as possible. Hope it makes sense.

Again thank you for the tips!
    My pleasure!

If you're collaborating with others, I'd suggest sitting down with the DM, and just hash out some of the things that they want to do/pursue in their campaign, that could maybe tie into this adventure. You could even include the players in that conversation, since they are the ones who more or less make up the bulk of the story, being the ones in the spotlight. Having a clear idea of wants and needs for both the DM and players would be extremely helpful in creating your outline, even if it's just what type of monsters the DM would like to run.

Personally I think it would be really cool to have the cave lead to a since segregated basement of the college, that even the administration has no idea about. Stirring up dust that hasn't been disturbed in ages is always a mesmerizing way to roll out a dungeon. "As the rough hued stone door slowly shifts downward upon your touch, a great gust of air sucks inward as the slab begins to lower. The stale air russells a thick layer of dust that is apparent upon the floor, indicating clearly that this chamber hasn't been disturbed in a very long time."

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with on your dungeon-making endeavors.

IR

PS: The newest update looks great, keep it up!
    Last edited by Adfor; 03-22-2019 at 02:28 PM.