Thread: How do i get my PS Channel to show in Layers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Smithy I'm not sure what it is you're trying to do here. If what you are after is lessening the opacity of the sea around the coast in a feathered style, then the quickest way I can think of (there are probably a host of other ways) to do that would be to select the land mass, expand the selection by the number of pixels you want the feather to operate, (Select/modify/expand), then feather the selection (Select/modify/feather) and hit delete.

I'm not sure if that's the effect you are after?

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Hi Smithy I'm not sure what it is you're trying to do here. If what you are after is lessening the opacity of the sea around the coast in a feathered style, then the quickest way I can think of (there are probably a host of other ways) to do that would be to select the land mass, expand the selection by the number of pixels you want the feather to operate, (Select/modify/expand), then feather the selection (Select/modify/feather) and hit delete.

I'm not sure if that's the effect you are after?
    I am more after two colours of blue in the sea - lighter around coast and dark in deep water. Can't get the blending to show on my main Layer. Was trying to use the channel for this effect.