Thread: Gwinekoré - City of the Pact

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept

I am trying to do reliefs... but it does not sit too well with this style. Also, I still don't have a good way of doing woods. If any PS savant has suggestions on how to do both things (with textures or something, not with my non-existent drawing abilities) those would be very much welcome.

As for finishing the whole project, if I ever get there, it would be roughly one year at the current pace... so it is going to be a long wait even in the best case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gwinekore.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	45859

Quote Originally Posted by feanaaro View Post
    I am trying to do reliefs... but it does not sit too well with this style. Also, I still don't have a good way of doing woods. If any PS savant has suggestions on how to do both things (with textures or something, not with my non-existent drawing abilities) those would be very much welcome.
    First, well done.

Second, about woods ... (Caveat: I am no PS savant)
    What about a 'cloud-like' line to mark the edge of the woods and, perhaps, a stipple pattern to suggest the tree tops.
    Frank Lloyd Wright had some success with a similar technique involving drawn edges and shaded woods ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frank_lloyd_wright_1933-34_willey_house.gif 
Views:	152 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	46263
    [Just to state the obvious, all work by FLW is copyrighted by someone other than me and is used here for illustrative purposes only.]