Thread: Who plays Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition in here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    ..., and I'm playing in IG's PbP on EN World. That one is actually moving more quickly than I had anticipated. When we're on the ball, it's not much slower than the Rifts game I used to run on an old BBS. It will probably slow down as the encounters get more complex, of course, but I'm still pleasantly surprised at the pace. ...
    okay - I'm totally lost here... PbP, EN, BBS ... I have a guess on BBS being a bulletin board thing?
    ...In the immortal words of Sergeant Roger Murtaugh I'm getting to old for this s*** *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    okay - I'm totally lost here... PbP, EN, BBS ... I have a guess on BBS being a bulletin board thing?
    ...In the immortal words of Sergeant Roger Murtaugh I'm getting to old for this s*** *lol*
    En world is one of the bigger forum sites out there for 4E.

PbP is play by post.

Hope that helps

Yes, BBS = Bulletin Board Service. The precursor to forum communities like these, in the days before dial-up Internet service. The biggest local BBS in my hometown (Wichita, KS) had a user base of about 300 or so, and I ran a four-year-long play-by-email (PBeM) game with 6-12 players at any given time. I think about 30 people played in it at one time or another.

I hasten to point out that as many times as Murtagh claimed he was too old for this s***, he stayed in the action.

Oh, and IG = IndustryGothica, who is running a 4e game set in The Witchlight Strand
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 06-01-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: style
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, BBS = Bulletin Board Service. The precursor to forum communities like these, in the days before dial-up Internet service. The biggest local BBS in my hometown (Wichita, KS) had a user base of about 300 or so, and I ran a four-year-long play-by-email (PBeM) game with 6-12 players at any given time. I think about 30 people played in it at one time or another.
    okay.. 1 point for me - just didn't think BBS's still existed

I hasten to point out that as many times as Murtagh claimed he was too old for this s***, he stayed in the action.
    you're absolutely right - and the time when I stop mapping/drawing is when my stiffened cyberfingers draw their final shape (probably several minutes after rest of the body have given in)
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise