Thread: Lampshade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by junius_gallio View Post
    Neat! I have seen commercial lampshades done with an older, "Age of discovery"-style map, but had never thought of doing something like that myself.
    Yes, though I doubt they would have gone to the trouble of projecting the map onto a surface the same shape as the lamp shade. I readily admit that it's stupendously geeky and obsessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    Yes, though I doubt they would have gone to the trouble of projecting the map onto a surface the same shape as the lamp shade. I readily admit that it's stupendously geeky and obsessive.
    Oh, no--these weren't projected--when you saw the seam, it was quite obvious that they had cut the shades from material where the map was simply printed as a flat map on a flat sheet. These "lampshade projections" are just too cool!

I second Coyotemax--pics when finished!

Blog Entries

Crap, I just realized I screwed up. The slant length of the projected cone would be the length of the arc, not the segment. This is going to be a bit more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    Which means we all have a lot in common