Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

May I say this thread is one of the most motivating and inspiring of the entire forum?

And maybe your maps are not perfect (for example, something is not convincing me in the coastlines of Tristania) but they are so rich and artistically engaging, they are a joy to be explored.

Glad to see you back!

I love the design and your mountains on this one! And your icons are still awesome.

Guild Novice

Notei que seu mapa está em português, você é brasileiro ou português? eu sou braslieiro. bem, eu achei o seu mapa muito bom, continue assim, está muito bem feito e estimula muito a imaginação!
    -
    I noticed that your map is in Portuguese, you are Brazilian or Portuguese? I'm Brazilian. well, I liked your map, it's very good, keep it up, is very well done, stimulates the imagination!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fabio p View Post
    May I say this thread is one of the most motivating and inspiring of the entire forum?

And maybe your maps are not perfect (for example, something is not convincing me in the coastlines of Tristania) but they are so rich and artistically engaging, they are a joy to be explored.
    Thx for the kindly words, i really aprecciate it. My maps now are taking a lots of time and sometimes i need to stop and missing what i was doing, messing all the map style.What specific you mean about the coast lines?

Quote Originally Posted by fabio p View Post
    And maybe your maps are not perfect
    Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Glad to see you back!I love the design and your mountains on this one! And your icons are still awesome.
    You dont have idea how is nice see thos words about my mountains. I was working and trying get something nice since i started map ( ask -Max- that helped me in my first steps)I believe that mountains are the post card of any map, maybe coz of the size, my eyes always look for the mountains before other things. I am really happy with that style of mountains and will try use again in my next job, want to improve and check if wasnt lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo3 View Post
    Notei que seu mapa está em português, você é brasileiro ou português? eu sou braslieiro. bem, eu achei o seu mapa muito bom, continue assim, está muito bem feito e estimula muito a imaginação!
    Bom ver Brazucas rodando a guilda aqui, tem uma galera perdida ai
    Meus mapas nasceram e portugues para definir o lay out basico, mas agora ja ta tomando o rumo definitivo.
    Valeu pelos elogios e estou acompanhando o seu City Mapping

Heheh, Lorenzo made me remember my first maps, when i was doing all in portuguese, after a year mapping is that wut i got
    This is the first lay out that i have working. The intention is just show the 2 poles of Egos and some , believe intersting places for some ppl, coz rarely someone come to this places. In notrh i have some old and ancient ppl living, but nobody cares and they dont give a **** for this, in south some sanctuarys where only some religious leaders go to make some secret events, use drugs or orgys
    The cool thing is the chalenge is work with a map where i have nothing to show, lets see wut i can do to make it intersting. BTW i worked with ice in my last 2 maps preparing to make, wut in beggin i planned 2 maps, but wanted some different lay out, starting work with projections.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tartaria_Paradoxia_step1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	60744  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Is it me or the land shapes looks very blurry?
    By the way, interesting stuff on the previous map (though the mountains labels are barely legible)

VERY!!!
    Its just the "basic lay out" dat o got from my master shape and resized.
    Gimme few days and I will post the final shape dat I am working.

By aquarits
    Its just the "basic lay out"
    You're modest! It's a good one. Pendragon? A king of kings in the lands of Fagacea?

By aquarits
    Gimme few days and I will post the final shape dat I am working.
    Take your time and make it awesome

I have the master shape of the whole world, its based in vectors coz of the size of the file. I pick a area and re-work the shape in the current map, making some improvments and sometimes some modifications.
    Look one of the first shapes and the last level:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epic_1_grat1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	60783 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epic_1_rebuild_2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	3.93 MB 
ID:	60782
    First Idea Current Shape

not a surprise when -Max- said that is blurry, cos i just got the stroked vector and resized and worked with some borders and positions in the screen, not worring about the shape atm, so i can start the map with a idea of the final that i want. Right now i am experiencing some issues with projections that i will post when i sure about that.

Pendragon? A king of kings in the lands of Fagacea?
    I can tell you a short brefing about it. Legacy of Pengradon, was one of my RPG campaign with like 6 chapters, Frozen Tears is probly one that i will not play, but i am trying to write it and it will happen in Egos.
    To undertand the Deitys hierarchy you must take a look in this:

Name:	Spiritual Structure.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	60784

Pendragon ( yes the same used in the Arthur tales, remember my three worlds are conected) created some holy gifs, blessed from a lesser god that lived in the heavens to face the evil in Egos. Nobody know if Harsgal was created by Yahweh in Tsafon or is a pure soul that found the light, but for sure the own Archangels ( the most power creatures of the cosmos, the first creatures created by Yahweh in the beggin of existance) fear this deity.
    As deity of the balance and justice, Harsgalt forced the cosmo to create a oposite force to balance the things. Where enter Marduk that live in the lower levels of the cosmos, locked to act only in Egos.
    Thos 2 deitys fight each other in Egos for ages, Harsgalt lost the last battle, getting locked in Second heaven, but cursing Marduk to be a prisioner in Limbo and just come back from time in time. When Marduk come back, Harsgalt summon the paladins in Egos to face dat dark power.

This chapter got this name, coz the tears of a frozem body do the countdown of the end of the times. Part of this, i will show in the south pole of this map

Nice sketch and dense story, I'm gonna read happily. And I already can see that I'm not the only one to build big rpg setting without being sure it will be actually played...

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    By the way, interesting stuff on the previous map (though the mountains labels are barely legible)
    Yes, you are talking about the rivers. I am still with problens when need to resize the map to get a fine resolution to post in the forum. I will take care in this next map using larger fonts trying to avoid this issue.

And I already can see that I'm not the only one to build big rpg setting without being sure it will be actually played...
    That sucks. I learned live with that, my last big RPG session was like 15 years ago, after that i started to move from place to place, not living more than 2 years. With that is hard get a team to play huge historys how i like.

Lets get some move.
    Well i started to work in the lay out of the map and changing the shapes, started with the north, the one in the left side. Almost in the end of the whole shape, anxious to start the second ( wanted get ready ASAP to the minor maps), when just tried to check the scale of the map. I remember in this thread Hai filling my mind in my firsts steps about wrong projections and noticed something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    An Equidistant Cylindrical map of a full globe should have an aspect ratio of 2:1 or less. Also, it's not a good projection for final maps, of a full globe OR for a region. It's mostly something you use as an intermediary step of for storing raw data before projecting it for a finished map. The projection produces particularly unpleasant looking distortion by stretching things out horizontally near the poles.
    Also, you can't measure distance on a global map except in certain specific conditions. For instance, you can only measure distance on a Normal Equidistant Cylindrical map north-south, or if you stay fairly close to the standard parallels. Projections that have a geometric "projection surface" will preserve distances where they have the projection surface close to the surface of the globe and will distort it where the two surfaces diverge. So that's the Standard Parallels of Cylindrical and Conic projections, and the centre of Azimuthal projections.
    Wasnt able to scale properly in a plane scale and started to see how hard was to finish the shapes and ****! The projection is wrong! Just wanted something like this:

Well, i knew that i am wrong and just finished the shape to not get something unfinished.

Name:	Tartaria_Paradoxia_step2.1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	697.2 KB 
ID:	60866

In beggin i used a Ortographic Projection wut gave me a nice visual view, but in the end wut i really wanted was something more plane. Azimuthal almost gave me it, but checking with the shape of my map, the scale not respected all dimensions, so in the end i found Equiretangular Oblique Projection, and nice!
    Lol my realms of Velun e Ondara almost deasapiared in this new projection. So, looking good with the shape, gotta start the mountains.
    I will not get much rivers here, but i started like draw mountains before rivers so i can do adaptations in the form avoiding overlap, but i already have a sketch of the rivers and roads (wut not mean that they will appear a lots in this version).
    I am few days i will come back with more, i will apreciate the feed back coz tnx to the pain i cant re-do many times the same draw

Lastest WIP follow with new projections.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tartaria_Paradoxia_step2.2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	677.3 KB 
ID:	60867  

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast