Thread: First map Attempt

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like the style of your map. The first thing that came to mind when I saw it was Dwarf Fortress Catan. It's different from almost all the maps I've seen around here. A good start.

Some things I would change, however, are the text font, which is unreadable on both maps, especially when the text is over the water. The larger fonts on the first map are good but the rest you should have a look at, possibly change the color or the size or the placing.
    As for the edge of your map, with the white hexes lining it, I would look into a border of some kind or filling up the white spaces with the same ocean blue you have for the rest of the map.
    A legend of some kind would also be interesting. While I can guess the purpose of most of the hexes some of them are too similar. On the edge of "The waste of carnith" you have mountains and hills and behind those hills you have other hills and connecting to those hills you have other other hills.

Do you have some setting/story in mind for this map or is it only for practice?
    Last edited by holyhalo; 01-24-2014 at 08:31 PM.