Thread: Civilization in Decline

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Very nice maps indeed. My only nitpick would be that the Gloomwood looks a bit bright and peaceful for a forest which such a name. But this could be deliberate of course.

More rep from me then, although I advice you to carefully read the message that came with the rep, my friend...

Good point about the Gloomwood. I think what influenced me in this case was on AslanC's map, he had a similarly named forest,. When I made it dark and dreary, i got the comment that it wasn't supposed to be that dark and dreary.. that likely stayed with me subconsciously through this creation process. But, the client loved it and wanted no changes, so, I went with it.

*proceeds to phear Gandwarf*
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 09-07-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typos

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Fabulous work, once again. I really like the dunes in the satellite version of the map. I'll have to work on something like that when I get back to my own desert empire map. I also really like the distressing on the hand-drawn map, although I was hoping to see more scrawling based on the description!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Good point about the Gloomwood. I think what influenced me in this case was on AslanC's map, he had a similarly named forest,. When I made it dark and dreary, i got the comment that it wasn't supposed to be that dark and dreary.

Yeah yeah, all my fault

Excellent maps, you can really see that he is a fan of Conan in the generalities of the map.

I would rep you but I did too recently for the Mining map.