Thread: An introduction to me and my vast project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

I am hesitant to post in the request forum since I doubt anyone would tackle a project this vast. I plan to do it myself with some help from this forum. I debated for a time where to post this, but decided here would work as I will be updating my thread with progress. Another reason I chose here instead of there is because my only actual map-making request consisted of a sketch of land-masses. Thanks for the reply Steel General, and I am aware of the five posts. I will get my posts in topics, likely this one, but other topics if they particularly catch my attention.

To Ganwarf: I am doing the same things. I actually am using Liquid Story Binder XE to catalogue my lists and outlines. I just started using it, rather than lots of notepad files I lost constantly. Your post did give me an idea. An obvious one, on par with plug the device in before tech support. I can get the world map and then cut it into separate PDS files copied the partion of the map for regionals. Then get the small labels in there.

By the way. I wrote this from my iPod so forgive errors.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Godon View Post
    I actually am using Liquid Story Binder XE to catalogue my lists and outlines. I just started using it, rather than lots of notepad files I lost constantly.
    Hmmm, never heard of this program before but I just checked it out and it sounds intriguing. I'm going to download it for the 30-day trial. What is your view of it? Do you think it is worth the money?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Hmmm, never heard of this program before but I just checked it out and it sounds intriguing. I'm going to download it for the 30-day trial. What is your view of it? Do you think it is worth the money?
    If I remember correctly, it lasts until you stop using it for thirty consecutive days. To answer your actual question, I think I will eventually purchase it, if it goes on the 50% sale again next winter. Right now I don't have a time to spare (School has me in debt past my eyebrows).

My opinion on the program is that it is more useful than any other I've used, but has a few things that are annoying. I expect, however, for these to be ironed out. Little things such as, some windows don't mouse-scroll for some reason. I found a lot of the tools to be useless in the first two hours I used the program or so, but after three or four days I've admitted most are useful. Look at the tutorial on the website for each thing listed. I've not used the builder yet, as my current book is in Word, but if you have any specific questions or want any screenshots as to how I've set it up, PM me and I'll respond as soon as I make my fifth worth-while post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    I am going to download it as well. It sounds and looks very interesting.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...