Thread: Safeton city map CD3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you use the "Save" function in CC3 or did you print them as PDF?
    Because the "Save" function is very slow for me as well and CC3 keeps crashing. Now I use PDF Creator and I can render maps in insane dimensions (think 15.000x10.000 pixels or something). It might take a few minutes, but it never crashes. My PC is also a couple of years old.

Before I found this solution I was making screenshots of the map in CC3 and then pasting all those screenshots together in Paint Shop Pro. It was rather awkward and very time consuming.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Did you use the "Save" function in CC3 or did you print them as PDF?
    Success!

I'm able to export my entire map to a PNG using PDFCreator. Its about 15megs, and it looks about the same as my composited sectional image, but it took me *much* less time to produce.

Hurdle overcome, back to the good stuff....more mapmaking!

nematode

Default PDF Creator

I recently started using CC3 and have had problems with crashing so I decided to try this PDF Creator but when I do, it only exports the dungeons I've made without the sheet effects. How can I include them?

Quote Originally Posted by snuggums View Post
    I recently started using CC3 and have had problems with crashing so I decided to try this PDF Creator but when I do, it only exports the dungeons I've made without the sheet effects. How can I include them?
    Make sure your PRINT dialogs look like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDFPRINT..png 
Views:	67 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	23121

You can set tiling, etc, to what you need. Of importance is the SHEETS section.

Also, ensure your image is displayed with the sheet effects currently activated.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave