Thread: A 4e Realms map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Very nice map! I love the style and execution, but i would watch the harshness of the type, try to soften it up on tis one or your next one, keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEpic View Post
    Very nice map! I love the style and execution, but i would watch the harshness of the type, try to soften it up on tis one or your next one, keep up the good work
    Not sure what you mean.

Suggestions, maybe? I noticed someone else made their country-names semi-transparent, and I was going to play with that. Other then that, I really don't like moving away from the TNR Font for locales, because its the easiest to read. Pretty fonts are all well and good, but I try to steer clear of them except for the larger stuff. Since the map is made for gaming I favor ledgibility over aesthetics in that regard.

Unless thats not what you are referring to. For the longest time I've been working hard at exactly duplicating the 3e FR style, but now I'm starting to think its may be possible (for me) to actually improve on it a little.

You guys have any suggestions regarding the best Fonts to use for maps? Is there a thread here somewhere on that topic?

Thanks for the input - Mark