Very, very nice. Particularly if done at speed. (I too would like to know what 'at speed' means in real numbers!). I was trying to do much the same thing but by importing the program into a vector drawing package, but it had problems reading the roads as part of the buildings and then something shiney distracted me away.

Here are my thoughts / suggestions:

1. The map is dark (it's not your laptop, Rob) but I think that works if you want a really broody, menacing atmosphere. In these colours this is a town I wouldn't want to visit. It has the sickly scent of death about it.

2. I would love to know how you got that hint of gableling on the rooftops. I'm not mad on the bands either, I think that's because they are all oriented horizontally even though the buildings themselves are oriented in different positions, so it looks too much like a fill.

3. The River looks almost handpainted - how did you do that?

4. I'm not overly keen on the vegetation - it looks just a bit too photoshopped for me (but still v.beautiful), however I expect that people who don't spend their days playing with heightmaps etc would say - 'wow that's really cool!' I wonder what it would look like if you tried a more spherical texture for the trees rather than the crumply one you currently have?

Beautifully done, Don!