• Iwaizumi - Redrobes

4 9.52%
  • Iwaizumi - Sapiento

6 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: *** March '10 Challenge Voting Take 2 - The Town of Iwaizumi ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We had a tie, back in Dec '08 Challenge, so its not unprecedented and two golden compasses were awarded. Of course this month, there is the publication award which is separate from the public vote. Still another day (or two) of voting to go, so nothing is locked in stone yet. I am glad that everyone has gotten at least two votes. In some of our past challenges there were those who got no votes - which is never fun for entrants, so this voting session is better for all, IMO.

For those who have yet to enter a challenge, consider this, while one may not win a given challenge, there is no better way to learn to map than participating. The fact that there's a limited time to create the map in following a specific theme or rules is very much like getting a commission from a publisher in working for a deadline. I know that I make better maps now because of challenge participation. After three such challenges, I got my first professional commission and have since created over 30 maps for various publishers (and got paid for it!)

So don't limit yourself to just voting. Get involved, you won't regret the experience gained and it may lead to a side career as a professional cartographer, which is just fun to earn money from something you love. Most people don't get paid for doing what they love, but we cartographers do!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-03-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations