Thread: Kaladruns mountains, map for PCs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like that. I think I'll try that style in my next map.

Not sure about any programs that can make an elevation map though. i know you can do something like that in photoshop though. Just take a brush and fill in the spot you want at the top of your mountain. Set fill to 0 and give it a stroke. Then make new layers for each height difference, expand the selection, fill, set fill 0%, stroke.

Not sure how familiar you are with photoshop or if you have it. If you want, I could make kind of a mini tutorial for it ^^

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raejekii View Post
    Not sure about any programs that can make an elevation map though. i know you can do something like that in photoshop though. Just take a brush and fill in the spot you want at the top of your mountain. Set fill to 0 and give it a stroke. Then make new layers for each height difference, expand the selection, fill, set fill 0%, stroke.
    Not sure how familiar you are with photoshop or if you have it. If you want, I could make kind of a mini tutorial for it ^^
    I use PS CS2 and try eto stick with it, as it is quite powerful.
    I'm sorry but I didn't understand the technique you are proposing. DOing what I've done is actually very time consuming, to say the least. My wrist is killing me but I like the result so far. anything that can save me some time is a blessing so if you're happy with doing a mini tutorial, please feel free