Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
Top down is the only possible choice. The game I'm currently playing in uses tokens (faces) instead of top down and it works fine, but I can't help but keep thinking how much better it would be if we went with top down especially given the relative realism of the maps. The fight for our lives that we are currently in would definitely benefit from top down as there are like 20 something combatants in a house - gang members, demons, sorcerers, and vampire slayers (that would be us).
I agree, but WHEN is Trevor going to get player changeable token images in Maptool? Heck, for me the problem is getting my DM and the other players to accept a VTT as "normal" for our face to face games. Most of them don't want to use a computer at the table, much less for maps and virtual minis. Heck, for me at least, THE idea situation would be a projector mounted above a game table and using a combination of real minis (of which we have quite a few) and computer tokens. This assumes I could not get everyone at the table to use a computer and Maptool's lighting features.

Joe