Thread: Ihmlán - A Fantasy World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Those maps are very nice. What program was this? Out of curiosity, were these all different files or just different layers?

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    Those maps are very nice. What program was this? Out of curiosity, were these all different files or just different layers?
    Thanks!

This was all done as a single map in Campaign Cartographer 3, using a combination of sheets and layers. I put hotlink buttons on the CC3 map that produce each of these views with a click. I cut them out of the .jpgs because they really detract from the overall attractiveness, and of course don't serve any function outside of the CC3 environment.

I started with a random Fractal Terrains world, then added some details in that program to make the random world generated match what I'd already done for my pen and paper maps. Then I exported it to CC3 and spent ages tweaking the contour lines and colors, figuring out the sheets/effects, etc. It was definitely a learning experience - but I still think I've barely scratched the surface of what the software can do.
    Last edited by Mowgli; 08-24-2008 at 06:50 PM.
    Craig's Cartography
    Campaign Cartographer 3 User

Thanks, ravells.

Now if I can just remember how I did all of it . . .
    Craig's Cartography
    Campaign Cartographer 3 User