Thread: Handrawn Zaragoza -- WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vanoitran?

Do you draw your maps entirely by hand, or do you also scan them and work on them with Photoshop or GIMP?

I notice from your profile that you use GIS for work (I think that's what you said), but you don't mention whether you use more artistic apps like PS or GIMP.

The reason I ask is because you could just trace the original photograph you have there as an outline into either of those two apps and carry on there.

(It was just a thought about how you might save yourself a bit of trouble redrawing the whole thing again on paper )

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Vanoitran?

Do you draw your maps entirely by hand, or do you also scan them and work on them with Photoshop or GIMP?

I notice from your profile that you use GIS for work (I think that's what you said), but you don't mention whether you use more artistic apps like PS or GIMP.

The reason I ask is because you could just trace the original photograph you have there as an outline into either of those two apps and carry on there.

(It was just a thought about how you might save yourself a bit of trouble redrawing the whole thing again on paper )
    Unfortunately I just do the GIS work on Arc, someone else does the cartography -- so I have some GIMP and Adobe Illustrator experience but not a ton. What are you suggesting?